Menu:

Latest news:

Village Board
   Minutes

 



twitter

More info:

Additional village information will be added here as it becomes available.

 

Phone Numbers:

Police: 911 inside Arthur
or 217-543-3141

Fire- 911 inside Arthur
or 217-543-3100

Ambulance: 911 inside Arthur or 543-9111

Village Clerk 543-2927

 

 


June 10, 2010

A Water & Sewer Committee meeting of the Village of Arthur, Illinois was held on Thursday, June 10, 2010. Chairman Matt Bernius called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm. Roll call was answered by Committee Members Matt Bernius and Mike McWilliams. Village President Ron Kingery, Trustees Terry Clark and Larry Miller, and Village employees Jeff Mercer and Brandon Potthast were also present.

J. Mercer described the three valves that are broken and the order in which things need to be repaired. The Village has the tools and technology to do some of the repairs, but not all of them and not the manpower. If there were a major inflow of water, the sewer plant would not be able to function within regulations. It was discussed opening the two more shallow valves (approximately eight feet deep) to see what needs to be done. The bid package that was written by Consolidated Services was for the deeper valve and the bypass gate.

The cost for the project to finish replacing meters was based on an hourly rate. Having the project bid by the cost per meter was discussed to help control the cost. J. Mercer will prioritize the order of replacing the meters.

A bid packet is being put together for the sewer line on North Vine Street. The idea of relocating the line was discussed as it is in the boulevard.

There are problems with the sludge pits, and they need to be cleaned. J. Mercer's gotten one price, but he thinks it's a bit high. He has the phone number of another company to check. He will also check about EPA compliance.

The pump used for water leaks is not working properly. J. Mercer will look into prices for a new one, and the old one can be used for a back-up unit.

The bid for a new furnace is $3,200.

J. Mercer explained the water leak in the parking lot to the west of the Community Building and how they are trying to fix it.

Suggestions on how to update the Village's infrastructure and how to pay for it were discussed.

The Departments' schedules were discussed. Most of the Village employees are working 7am- 3:30pm with a 30 minute lunch, and these Departments will follow that schedule also. The weekend schedule will be changing as B. Potthast becomes more comfortable with the procedures.

The cost of striping the Water Department was discussed. Cost will be investigated.

Chairman Matt Bernius adjourned the meeting at 6:44pm.