May 3. 2010
A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Arthur, fL, was held on Monday, May 3, 2010. Village President Ron Kingery called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Roll call was answered by
Trustees Terry Clark, Larry Miller, Matt Bemius, Mike McWilliams, and kis Dicks. Trustee Karen Good was absent.
Approval of Previous meeting minutes
The regular meeting minutes of April 19, 2010; the Executive Session meeting minutes of April 19, 2010; and the Special Board meeting minutes of April 26,2010; were approved as presented.
President Comments and Announcements
- President Kingery attended a joint Rotary luncheon on April 22withrepresentatives from the Arthur and Arcola Clubs, as well as from Luxembourg and Germany.
- President Kingery and some Trustees attended the CIMOA meeting in Monticello.
- He and Sue Perrine attended a health insurance meeting in Springfield. The state plan increased 5.5%. The Board met last week and changed the coverage to PersonalCare, saving the Village approximately $14,500. The Village employees met with the insurance carrier representative on April 28. The new plan took effect on May 1.
- Douglas County had Clean Up days this past weekend; Moultrie County's is this coming weekend.
- President Kingery thanked all of the Trustees for their work, time, and commitment this last year. He
and the Trustees forfeited their salaries for last year, and that will be put towards the Village debt.
- T. Clark thanked President Kingery for his time towards to the Village. He has had citizens inquire about how long trash can be set out before the normal pick up time. Robert Crossman will look into
the policies of surrounding communities.
- L. Miller thanked President Kingery for his service.
- M. McWilliams thanked everyone for working together, including the employees.
- I. Dicks thanked the employees and gave an update on the Visitors Center. She asked Abe Schrock to look at some repair work that needs to be done; he will do the work at no cost to the Village. The
Arthur Woman's Club donated $200 towards mulch; the Village will need to spread it. A resident in Surrey Lane is not getting her limbs picked up.
Police Chief Report
The monthly report had been distributed.
DARE graduation is May 11 at 7pm at the Grade School. The billboard with the winning posters is at the Post Office.
Village Attorney Report-None
- President Kingery stated the Arthur Area Association of Commerce (AAAOC) and the Arthur Area Development Corporation (AAEDC) have already approved the Memorandum of Understanding. T. Clark made a motion to adopt the Memorandum of Understanding as presented. I. Dicks seconded. A1l Trustees voted YEA.
- M. Bernius made a motion to enter into Executive Session regarding lot sales in Meadowview Subdivision. (5 ILCS 12012(c)(6)) The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body. M. McWilliams seconded. All Trustees voted YEA.
- The regular session resumed. All Trustees were present. President Kingery reopened the meeting.
-M. Bernius made a motion to accept an offer of $23,704 for Lot 56 in Meadowview Subdivision. M. McWilliams seconded. All Trustees voted YEA.
- M. Bernius made a motion to accept an offer of $23,704 for Lot 54. L Dicks seconded' All Trustees voted YEA.
- M. Bernius made a motion to accept an offer of $29,640 each for Lots 9 and 10 subject to a waiver of prior sale. L. Miller seconded. All Trustees voted YEA. R. Crossman stated this sale requires a waiver because these lots are involved in separate contract which does not involve the same buyer.
- President Kingery reviewed discussions regarding helping the Park Board by furnishing the water for the swimming pool. The average bills were between $7,200-7,500. M. McWilliams made a motion to
waive water and sewer fees to the Park District for the pool for this year. I. Dicks seconded. All Trustees voted YEA.
- R. Crossman reviewed requirements for swimming pools in other communities. The Village is very similar in requirements, except that the Village does not have a 100 sq, ft. minimum. He reviewed the
requirements for a pool and when residents must get a building permit.
- M. Bernius stated sometimes when employees are doing necessary repairs, residents' yards are tom up. A tiller will aid in repairing yards in these instances. M. Bernius made a motion to purchase a tiller from Farm Pride for $739. T. Clark seconded. All Trustees voted YEA.
- S. Perrine reviewed the options for the Village's IMRF rate. There is a lower rate and a higher rate, but the results will end up being the same. The employees always pay 4.5%. Currently, this fund is
overfunded, and there will still be a surplus using the higher rate. M. McWilliams made a motion to use the 12.42% rate for IMRF during 2011. M. Bernius seconded. All Trustees voted YEA.
President Kingery appointed:
Police Committee * President Kingery, Chair, Iris Dicks and Larry Miller
Water and Sewer Committee - Matt Bernius, Chair, and Mike McWilliams
Finance Committee - Terry Clark, Chair, and Karen Good
Community Relations - Iris Dicks, Chair, and Mike McWilliams
Street and Alley - Karen Good, Chair, and Larry Miller
Village Attorney - Robert Crossman
ESDA Liaison Dick Hein
Village Comptroller and Treasurer - Sue Perrine
Depository - State Bank of Arthur
Village Board meetings - 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7pm in the Village Board Room
T. Clark made a motion to approve expenditures in the amount of $5,970.06. M. McWilliams seconded.
All Trustees voted YEA.
S. Perrine distributed copies of the new budget and explained that some number have been adjusted since she's received some final numbers.
President Kingery adjourned the meeting at 8:00pm.